myIR, payments and more
Who we are
Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. Inland Revenue collects 80% of the Crown's revenue as well as collecting and disbursing social support programme payments and providing the government with policy advice.
We are working to ensure that:
- Inland Revenue is responsive in meeting the changing and increasing expectations of government and society.
- We make it easy for customers to get it right and hard to get it wrong.
- Society has confidence that appropriate action will be taken against customers who do not comply.
- Increasingly, paying tax is seen as contributing to society.
- We are professional, approachable, effective and efficient.
Meet our senior executives.
Learn about our business groups and what they do.
Inland Revenue is accountable to Hon Judith Collins, Minister of Revenue.
Browse Legislation and Regulations that we have prime responsibility for administering.