Contact us: Online enquiry
Your IRD number is a unique number issued to you by Inland Revenue. It is an eight or nine digit number and looks something like this: 10-000-000 or 110-000-000.
On this page you can find answers to the questions below:
- Where can I find my IRD number?
- How do I get written proof of my IRD number?
- How do I apply for an IRD number?
We print your IRD number on all the letters or statements we send you. Your employer will also often show it on your payslips.
You can also find your IRD number by logging into myIR Secure Online Services.
If you forget your IRD number and cannot find it online, in a letter or payslip, call us on 0800 775 247 and use the key phrase "What's my IRD number" when prompted.
You can find your IRD number in the following places:
- on all the letters or statements we send you
- on your payslips
- by logging in to myIR Secure Online Services. In some cases, a simple print out from your account may be sufficient.
We can send you a letter confirming your IRD number. You can request this by:
- sending us an email through our Secure Mail service, part of myIR Secure Online Services, or
- call us on 0800 775 247. It will take 5 to 10 working days for your letter of confirmation to arrive.
If you start a new job, part time or full time, or if you receive a benefit or a pension you need to have an IRD number and pay tax.
Date published: 12 Apr 2013
Back to top