About this return
Complete this return if you are a company and you need to file an IR4 tax return for the year 2005 (1 April 2004 to 31 March 2005).
Adobe Acrobat PDF | 302kb | 6 pages
This form can be completed on-screen by typing content directly into the PDF document. Once you have completed the form it is important that you print it out as you will not be able to save the information you enter into the form.
When to use this return
All active New Zealand resident companies must file an income tax return each year. Body corporates (registered under the Unit Titles Act 1972) and unit trusts must complete an IR4 income tax return.
A non-active company is a company that has:
- not derived any gross income
- no allowable deductions
- not disposed of any assets
- not been party to any transactions that during the year:
- gave rise to gross income for any person, or
- gave rise to fringe benefi ts to any employee or any former employee, or
- gave rise to a debit in the company’s imputation credit account or dividend withholding payment account.
These companies may be excused from filing tax returns if they complete a Non-active company declaration (IR433) form.
What you will need
- the company IRD number
- income details for the company
- any interest or dividends paid to the company
- any details of income from a partnership, estate or trust
- any tax credits
- any overseas income
- income from business or rental activities
- any insurance premiums to any overseas insureer not carrying on business in New Zealand
- any other income
- any losses from a loss attirbuting qualifying company
- any losses brought forward or subvention payments to/from another company
After you finish
Please print, sign and attach any required documents to this IR4 and post to your nearest Inland Revenue office.
You may wish to keep a copy of this form for your personal records.