myIR, payments and more
Income tax return: Māori authorities 2017 IR8
Use for the period 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017
Use this return to file your Māori authority yearly income and expenses information for the 2017 income year.
To complete this return you'll need your Māori authority IRD number.
Please print, sign and attach your return to your completed Financial statements summary (IR10), or a set of financial accounts, and send it to us. You may wish to keep a copy for your records.
For help completing this return, go to our Māori authorities' tax return/Annual Māori authorities' credit account return guide 2017 IR8G.
A Māori authority is any of the following:
- Trusts and companies that administer Māori freehold land under Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 (Māori Land Act 1993)
- The Māori Trustee
- Māori Trust Boards
- Crown Forestry Rental Trust
- Te Ohu Kai Moana Trustee Limited
- Aotearoa Fisheries Limited
- Trusts and companies that receive and manage fisheries assets allocated under the Māori Fisheries Act 2004
- Trusts and companies that receive and manage assets of the Treaty settlement redress process.
For a complete definition of "Māori authority" go to the back of the Māori authority election (IR483) form.