myIR, payments and more
2017 GST online videos
Use these videos to learn about the new GST section in myIR.
What's on this page
Videos for tax agents
Find out how to:
- navigate to the new GST section in myIR
- set up your workspace to manage your clients' GST
- search clients by IRD number or name
- filter to only show those with due or overdue returns, or overdue payments
- file returns in bulk
- manage an individual client's GST account (including how to file or amend a return, update a refund bank account and more)
- transfer a GST credit to another GST account or period, or to another tax type
- request an instalment arrangement to pay off GST debt.
4:10 mins | Transcript
Find out how to link and delink a new client for GST and bring clients in and out of your workspace.
3:13 mins | Transcript
Find out how to give your employees access to myIR to manage your clients' GST. This includes how to give employees a login so they can automatically access the new GST workspace.
1:56 mins | Transcript
Videos for business customers
Find out how to:
- access the My GST section
- file and amend a GST return
- edit your profile (such as your email address or how you'd like to receive notifications from us)
- make a payment, update your refund bank account or payment bank account
- contact us securely
- access statements and notices
- change your address.
1:45 mins | Transcript
Find out about the two ways to make a GST payment online:
- by authorising a direct debit at the time you're completing your GST return, or
- by making a payment at any other time either by direct debit or by using your VISA or MasterCard.
1:37 mins | Transcript
Find out how to grant third party access to your GST account. Third party access allows others to access your GST account when they're logged in to their own myIR account.
A third party may be a bookkeeper or nominated person who acts on your behalf.
2:07 mins | Transcript
Find out how to grant first party access to your GST account. First party access gives someone a new user ID and password to access your myIR account.
You can choose this option if you have someone who works for you or acts on your behalf to help with your GST and other tax affairs.
2:38 mins | Transcript