myIR, payments and more
My GST - filing returns and making payments
Find out how to file your returns and make payments
What's on this page
- You can pay your GST in myIR when you file your return
You can choose to pay by direct debit, credit or debit card or online banking.
- When using online banking to complete your return, you'll need to choose 'no' at the 'Return payment method' step.
- You can do a direct debit with a joint account as long as either party can authorise a withdrawal on their own.
- You can choose to schedule a direct debit for the due date of the return - by default it'll go out on the date you're submitting the return.
- Set up email and text message GST due date reminders
- Set up a GST payment plan
- Ask us to correct a GST return you’ve already filed
- The myIR mobile app is no longer available. You can file your GST through your myIR account on any electronic device.
- All GST refunds are now paid directly into your bank account. Make sure your bank account details are correct
- You can see the status of your GST refund online anytime
- GST statements now have a new look but still have all the information you need including a summary of your filing period(s) and a summary of transactions for each period.
- Any electronic correspondence can be found under Letters and Messages.
- You can now upload any files relating to your GST return.
- If you’re already filing this way – when you file your return you’ll have to give permission for your software to file on your behalf.
- If you want to start using software – remember to check it is capable of myIR GST filing.