Whatever type of non-profit organisation you are setting up or running, you will usually have some basic tax requirements. These may include:
- making a number of tax payments each year:
- for your organisation's own tax liability, or
- on behalf of your employees.
- filing various return forms each year:
- income tax
- goods and services tax (GST)
- PAYE deductions
- fringe benefit tax (FBT).
- calculating the profit from any business to work out how much tax is due.
- keeping certain business records.
Date published: 01 Mar 2010
Back to top