myIR, payments and more
Working for Families Tax Credits registration
(Use for the period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019)
Use this service if you think you meet the criteria and want to register with us to receive Working for Families Tax Credits weekly, fortnightly or as a lump sum after the end of the tax year.
You do not need to complete this service if:
- you receive an income-tested benefit and Working for Families Tax Credits from Work and Income
- your income-tested benefit and Working for Families Tax Credits from Work and Income are stopping. Your details will be transferred to us electronically and we will continue to pay your entitlement, or
- you have applied for Working for Families Tax Credits from us in the past, including registering for Best Start tax credit through SmartStart.
If you have applied in the past, and think you may be eligible to begin receiving Working for Families Tax Credits again, you can:
- update your details in myIR, or
- contact us.
You may be required to provide more information if you:
- were not born in New Zealand
- do not have New Zealand citizenship, or
- have business income.
We'll contact you for the information if we need it.
This service is located on a secure part of our website to prevent unauthorised interception. If you are unable to access this product, your browser and/or firewall settings may need updating.