myIR, payments and more
Working for Families Tax Credits registration
(Use for the period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019)
Use this service if you think you meet the criteria and want register with us to receive Working for Families Tax Credits payments weekly, fortnightly, or a payment at the end of the tax year.
You do not need to complete this service if:
- you are receiving an income tested benefit from Work and Income and you are receiving family tax credits or
- your income tested benefit and family tax credit from Work and Income is stopping. Your details will be transferred to us electronically and we will continue to pay your entitlement, or
- you have applied for Working for Families Tax Credits in the past.
If you have applied in the past, and think you may be eligible to begin receiving Working for Families Tax Credits payments again, you can:
- update you details in your Online Services, or
- call us on 0800 227 773.
You may be required to provide more information if you:
- you were not born in New Zealand, or
- you do not have New Zealand citizenship, or
- have business income.
We will contact you to request the information if we require it.
This service is located on a secure part of our website to prevent unauthorised interception. If you are unable to access this product, your browser and/or firewall settings may need updating.