Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Student loans
Ngā pūtea tarewa ākonga

Updating your contact details

Find out what you need to do if your contact details change.

It's important to keep your contact details up to date so you can receive information on your student loan. You'll need to let us know if you have a change of address, phone number, email or bank account.

You can change these details quickly and easily through our myIR Secure Online Services. You'll need to be registered to do this.

You can also update your details by contacting us on:

  • 0800 377 778 from within New Zealand, or
  • +64 4 978 0762 from overseas.

Going overseas or returning to New Zealand

If you’re going overseas for 6 months or more you need to let us know so we can update your details.

You'll also need to contact us when you return to New Zealand.

You can let us know by sending a secure email through your myIR account or by contacting us on the phone numbers above.