Public rulings 2006
Employment Court awards for lost wages or other remuneration - employers' liability to make tax deductions
Ruling Number: BR Pub 06/06
This ruling replaces public ruling BR Pub 01/06. This new ruling is essentially the same as the previous ruling but has been updated and applies the Income Tax Act 2004 rather than the Income Tax Act 1994 provisions. The changes between the provisions of the 1994 and 2004 Acts affecting this ruling do not affect the conclusions previously reached.
Ruling applies from: 1 October 2005 for an indefinite period
BR Pub 06/06 - RTF format (183kb | 18 pages)
BR Pub 06/06 - PDF format (174kb | 18 pages)
Download Microsoft Word Viewer to access .doc files if you do not have Microsoft Word.
Other rulings this year
- BR Pub 06/01 - Debt factoring arrangements and GST
- BR Pub 06/02 - Section GD 10 - Income Tax Act 2004 - Rent deemed to be payable by the lessee
- BR Pub 06/03 - Importers and GST input tax deductions
- BR Pub 06/04 - "Paid-up capital amount" definition: section CD 32(4)
- BR Pub 06/05 - Assessability of payments under the Employment Relations Act for humiliation, loss of dignity, and injury to feelings
Date published: 18 Jan 2007