Our Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Roadmap was created in 2018 and reinforced our commitment through the creation of our 3 diversity and inclusion goals. The first Pay Gaps Action Plan focused on gender pay gaps. From 2020 we started to incorporate data related to ethnicity pay gaps and actions to support a shift in ethnic representation into our programme of work.
Our previous Pay Gaps Action Plans focused on 5 foundational areas:
- People analytics and insights: regularly measure and publish progress.
- Attraction: attract a diverse pool of applicants to roles at Inland Revenue.
- Selection: ensure our candidate selection processes are free from bias.
- Career and pay: supporting our people’s career development.
- Whānau friendly: building a more flexible, whānau-friendly workplace.
This years’ roadmap continues to build on the work that has been done across these 5 foundational areas. They also reflect more broadly the importance of the Papa Pounamu’s 5 priority areas of focus that continue to create meaningful change for our people:
- Hautūtanga Ngākau Tuwhera – Inclusive leadership
- Te āheinga ā-ahurea – Cultural competence Te Urupare I te Mariu – Addressing bias
- Te whakawhanaungatanga – Building relationships
- Ngā tūhononga e kōkiritia ana e ngā kaimahi – Employee-led networks