Our corporate strategy is made up of 6 interconnected strands.
Putting the customer at the centre of everything we do.
- We anticipate and proactively support key events in our customers' lives at the right time.
- We use customer insights to inform activities. Our services are seamless, and tax and social policy are integrated into customers' lives.
- We partner with others to deliver service excellence to customers - from policy design to education to audit.
- We make it easy for customers to get it right
- We reduce compliance costs and effort.
We work with external parties to innovate, gain insight, and achieve wider government economic and social outcomes.
- We will build internal capability as part of our capability uplift, which also supports external collaboration.
- We co-create efficient and effective services, adapting our business model where appropriate.
- Collectively we leverage our information assets and expertise to create mutual benefits.
- We share information and resources using appropriate safeguards.
Working as part of Inland Revenue is unique, exciting, fulfilling, and career-enhancing.
- We value individuals and diversity of thought and capability.
- We find, develop, and deploy people on the basis of their capabilities, which are a mix of skills, knowledge, experience, and attitudes.
- We design roles to be adaptable, interesting, and empowering.
- We recognise and measure performance through behaviours and individual and team contribution to outcomes.
- We work with other organisations to develop fulfilling career journeys in, through, and beyond Inland Revenue.
Information and intelligence
Our decisions and actions - for delivering today and shaping our future - are intelligence-led.
- We understand information we collect and the insight and intelligence we generate through the knowledge and experiences of our people is a strategic asset that needs to be managed and shared appropriately.
- We use information and insights to create actionable intelligence.
- Intelligence drives our strategic and tactical decision-making, including knowing where and when to direct resources to realise value for customers, Inland Revenue, and the Government.
Policy change is faster, cheaper, and better - fit for a changing world.
- Our policy design is proactive, coherent and integrated, from idea generation and advice through to implementation.
- We implement policy decisions speedily and smoothly.
- We deliver high quality advice that is future-focussed, realistic about the impacts, and based on good information and analysis.
- We are a trusted and credible voice that shapes and delivers government and system outcomes.
- We use innovative, flexible, and creative practices to design policy, supported by strong economic frameworks and broad consultation.
We fully embrace our place in the digitally connected world.
- As part of the digital world, we make it easy to collaborate with customers, agencies, and others.
- Our culture and flexible systems mean we design and make changes quickly.
- Our customers can easily access secure digital services anywhere, any time.
- We use the digital environment to help generate actionable insights.
- We encourage, empower, and upskill our people to make the best use of digital ways of working.
- We strategically manage digital opportunities and disruptions.
Inland Revenue creates value and better outcomes for New Zealanders through the successful implementation of our strategy.