The data covers Inland Revenue administered GST only, and does not include gross GST collected by the New Zealand Customs Service.
The data for these statistics is available for download from the links at the bottom of the page.
Graph showing net GST by turnover band from 2007 to 2019
The graph has five lines showing net GST by turnover band from March 2007 to 2016.
The changes since 2007 are:
- net GST rose 101% (not shown on graph)
- net GST for those whose annual GST turnover is either nil or less than $60,000 is below zero, ie, in aggregate terms they receive GST refunds. However, from March 2007 to March 2019, the amount of GST refunded in the nil turnover band decreased 20% (from 664m to 529m) and the amount of GST refunded in the $1 to $60,000 turnover band decreased 25% (from 370m to 277m)
- net GST for those with turnover between $60,001 to $250,000 increased 79%
- net GST for those with annual GST turnover of between $250,000 to $1 million increased 73%
- net GST for those whose annual GST turnover was greater than $1 million increased 93%.