The Minister of Revenue introduced the Taxation (Annual Rates for 2022-23, Platform Economy, and Remedial Matters) Bill (No 2) in September 2022. The Bill includes proposed changes expected to take effect on or before 1 April 2023.
In addition, there are some rate changes and residual items (introduced in 2021 and 2022) that will also come into effect in April 2023.
Our webinar series will provide you with more information about these and other changes.
New rules for GST invoicing and record keeping
Property and trust changes for tax intermediaries
Other changes for tax intermediaries
- Changes for individuals
Major changes that we will discuss in the webinars
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Changes to the apportionment and adjustment rules.
- Clarifications for business-to-business compulsory zero-rating of land rules.
- A new build-to-rent exclusion from the interest limitation rules.
- Clarifications for several other residential property tax rules.
- Increases to the thresholds that determine whether a trust or estate is required to file an income tax return.
Other tax products
- A new fringe benefit tax exemption for certain public transport fares.
- A 4-year time bar for student loans.