Introducing the myIR upgrade
Introducing the MyIR Upgrade
- tax intermediaries
- Businesses and employers
- Individuals and families
- Look and feel
- Introducing navigation
- Mobile devices
Welcome to this webinar about Inland Revenue's upcoming myIR upgrade.
This presentation provides a quick introduction to this change.
It may be useful for tax intermediaries, businesses and individuals and families.
- Upgrading myIR – planned for October 2021
- A version upgrade - not a new system
- We are in the testing phase: designs may change
- It doesn’t change what you do in myIR: it may change where you find things
- Child support customers will see more changes
Over the last few years we’ve been introducing a whole new tax system, gradually moving all our tax and social policy products into it.
This year we’ll be upgrading this system, so you’ll have the latest version of myIR. It is planned for October and will be one of the final steps in our Business Transformation programme before it closes out.
Most of the changes are standard ‘out of the box’ improvements but we are customising some elements to reflect our customers’ specific needs. We are currently in the testing phase. The designs may still change slightly.
The first thing to emphasise is that this is just an upgrade – like you’ve probably seen in other software and apps – it’s not a new system. It doesn’t change what you do in myIR but there are changes to how it looks and where you find things.
All customers who use myIR will notice changes. How much will depend on the extent you use it and the complexity of your needs.
One area that will have more change is the child support functionality. This is the final social policy product that we are moving into our new system in October. (There will also be some child support legislation changes that we’ll talk about separately).
Title: Look and feel
Images of the current and new landing pages show that the new version has a lot of white space, making it easier to see what’s on the screen.
The first thing you’re likely to notice in the new version of myIR are changes to the look and feel.
The new version is cleaner and tidier making it easier to see what’s on the screen.
The slide shows how it will look compared to how it looks now. This is an example for a business, but the look and feel will be the same for all customers.
You’ll notice the panel format in the new version - rather than the busier tiles, tabs and lists we have now.
Title: New look and feel
An image of a business account landing page highlights the panel format. The account type (eg GST, Income tax), customer name and IRD number is on the left of each panel.
In the new version it will be a lot simpler to see your (or your clients’) accounts….
Title: New look and feel
An image of a business account landing page highlights the panel format. The total balance and balance due are in the middle of each panel.
…any payments due on them…
Title: New look and feel
An image of a business account landing page highlights the panel format. Links to common tasks for each account type are on the right of each panel.
…and to take action if needed.
- The navigation will make it easier to search for and find information
- You’ll find more information on the landing page
The navigation will be simpler, making it easier for you to search for, find and manage information.
Although it has a lot more white space, the new version brings more information to the landing page, including the most common information you’ll need…
An image of the landing page highlights the total balance in the centre of the panel.
…like the total balance on an account…
An image of the landing page highlights the balance due now, in the centre of the panel.
…what’s due for payment now…
An image of the landing page highlights the links to tasks on the right side of the panel.
….links to actions you can take on an account, and…
An image of the landing page highlights the Alerts notifications for each account and the Alerts tab at the top.
…which accounts have alerts that need attention.
This reduces the need to navigate through the system and reflects customer requests to see more information on the landing page.
We’ll talk about these functions in more detail in separate webinars.
Image of a screen with a filter bar. Image of a second screen with a search bar.
To find information:
You’ll be able to filter some screens to show just what you’re looking for.
On other screens you can search for key words.
We know you’ll be familiar with the current structure but once you find where you’re going, the steps you take and fields you fill in are the same as now.
Title: Tax intermediaries
Image of a landing page for tax intermediaries.
If you’re a tax intermediary, the landing page will look a bit different. For example you’ll see:
- A favourites tab for up to 50 clients you want to access quickly. You can use the filter bar on this page to find a client.
- A place to manage your favourites list.
- A search tab where you can find a client by IRD number, name or customer identification number.
- A history tab with the last 10 clients accessed.
- A new intermediary centre that will replace the tax preparer tab.
- You’ll also see which of your favourited clients have outstanding alerts that need attention.
These are just examples of some of the things for tax intermediaries. We’ll talk about these in more detail in a separate webinar.
Title: Mobile devices
- A fully dynamic design
- Seamless experience on any device
- All functionality available across all devices
- Another improvement is that whatever device you use to access myIR – for example your phone, tablet or laptop – content will automatically re-size if the device’s display is large enough, and if not, it will stack and wrap content within panels.
- And unlike now, all functionality will be available across all devices.
Title: Supporting you
- Helping you find your way around
- Short webinars, summary sheets and updates
- How-to guidance on myIR
- Guidance on the new child support functionality
- The changes are designed to make it easier for you to use myIR but like any change there may be a period of adjustment as you find your way around.
- We will help you build familiarity with the new version before we switch over.
- This includes a series of very short webinars, like this one, which will be accompanied by quick summaries of the key points. There will be more detailed guidance available when we get closer to the upgrade.
- Child support customers will also learn more about how to use the child support functionality as we finalise the designs.
Title: Thank you
Visit our web pages
Watch our webinars
If you have any questions about our webinars you can email us at: [email protected]
Thank you for watching this webinar. You’ll find further information on our website, including more webinars.