Gather your information
- IRD numbers for you and your children
- your bank account and income details
- proof of date of birth for each child
- proof of parentage
- information about the other parent or carers.
Download and fill out the form
Fill out the Application to assess child support - IR101 form with as much detail as you can.
If you believe using your real name will cause safety concerns for you, a carer or your child, we may be able to leave your name out when communicating with the other parent. Attach any relevant documents to this form. For example a court order, police report, a letter from a social worker or Work and Income, or a letter from your doctor.
Send the form to us in myIR
Once you've saved your details, send your completed form to us in myIR.
Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR101 form and any supporting documents to the message.
You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.
What happens next
From now on, you'll always need to:
- tell us about any changes to your income or care arrangements as soon as you can
- keep up payments if you are the liable parent
- deal with debt as soon as possible
- let us know if the child leaves care, starts working full time or, if 18 years old, leaves school.
Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need. Sign the form and send your documents to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
You can also apply for a formula assessment over the phone. Before calling us, you'll need to make sure you've sent us:
- your child's birth certificate
- a proof of parentage.