Community Compliance Officers
Our Community Compliance Officers offer tax education and advice to our new businesses and small organisations, as well as seminars regarding personal tax and entitlements. They work from most Inland Revenue offices and travel regularly to other areas.
How to contact a Community Compliance Officer
You can arrange a visit from a Community Compliance Officer by using our Enquire about a business advisory visit or social policy seminar service.
What our service offers
You can use our advisory service to find out about:
- the taxes you need to know about
- what records you need to keep
- how to complete GST and employer returns
- your KiwiSaver obligations
- when you should file returns and make payments.
Our service is available to:
- any individual or organisation in business
- anyone considering setting up in business
- sports clubs and other non-profit bodies.
Our advisories are really useful for organisations where people in voluntary positions, such as treasurers, frequently change. We also offer seminars for organisations on personal tax and entitlements, including Working for Families Tax Credits (WfFTC), KiwiSaver and child support.
Tax seminars and workshops
Due to the COVID-19 virus and precautions being put in place around the country, particularly for events, we have had to consider alternate ways of delivering our seminars. These seminars will be available as videos below.
Don't want to wait for a tax seminar?
Get up to speed fast with our Introduction to business videos.
These videos cover:
- business structures
- income and provisional tax
- depreciation, and registering for GST.