Skip to main content

We're experiencing some issues with myIR, including connecting through software You may not be able to log in, or it might be slow to load. You'll only be able to access myIR for 15 minutes at a time, and changes are not being saved automatically.

Our offices Our offices in Greymouth and Wellington are currently closed to the public. All of our other offices are open. Update on our offices

COVID-19 - Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Send us a message using myIR

To keep your personal information safe we avoid using email. Contact us by logging in to your myIR account. It will save you time because we'll already have your details handy.

Do it now in myIR

How to send a message in myIR

Call us about income tax and fringe benefit tax (FBT)

Enquiry Phone number Current call wait times
Personal (within NZ) 0800 775 247  17 to 23 minutes
Business (within NZ) 0800 377 774  22 to 28 minutes
Overseas callers +64 4 831 2214  

Contact us about the temporary loss carry-back (LCB) scheme and Small Business Cashflow (loan) scheme (SBCS)

Before you contact us, check out the information on our website, as it may have the answer you're looking for.

Temporary loss carry-back scheme

Small Business Cashflow (Loan) Scheme

If you have further questions or requests related to either of these schemes, you can do one of the following:

  • send a secure message through your myIR account – for the LCB scheme, select 'Income Tax', message category 'Other' and message type Loss carry-back scheme'
  • complete the 'Request a call-back' form.

Our team will contact you as soon as they can.

You can track your call-back request using 'Find an existing submission'

Request a call-back for the loss carry-back scheme or small business cashflow (loan) scheme SBCS

 Find an existing submission

Calling hours

Our contact centres are open (NZ time):

Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 1pm

Write to us about income tax or FBT

Postal address:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
New Zealand

Other ways to contact us

Services for people with hearing loss

Kaitakawaenga Maori

Top pages for income tax

What happens at the end of the tax year

Tax credits for donations

Paying your provisional tax

Tax codes for individuals