Financial or legal advice
For advice on whether the SBCS loan is right for you, speak to your financial advisor or tax agent.
You may also wish to seek legal advice on your obligations if you take out an SBCS loan. You might need to find out if you have to ask for your bank's or another lender to your business or organisation consent to take out the loan. We do not provide financial or legal advice.
You can only apply for the Small Business Cashflow (Loan) Scheme in myIR. If you do not have a myIR account you can create one.
If you have not received the wage subsidy
You’ll need to know the number of full-time and part-time workers you employed.
You will need to provide
- your New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) . Businesses and organisations without an NZBN will need to get one before applying for the loan. To find your NZBN number or apply for one go to the NZBN website
- employee details: If you’ve received the wage subsidy from Work & Income or filed an Employment Information (EI) in the last 30 days leading up to and including 9 June, your employees’ information will already be on the application. Otherwise, you’ll need to enter each employee's name, IRD number, and whether they are full or part time employees
- the bank account number you want the loan paid into, if it's different to the one we hold.
You will need to confirm
- Your business or organisation is experiencing a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue from Jan 2020 to June 2020 as defined in the wage subsidy scheme.
- Your business or organisation existed before 1 April 2020.
- Your business or organisation is viable and ongoing, you have a plan to ensure it remains viable and ongoing, and you are keeping evidence we can use to check this.
- You’ll use the loan to pay for core operating costs (including, but not limited to, rent, insurance, utilities, supplier payments, or rates).
- The loan will not be passed through to the shareholders or owners of the business or organisation, for example, by a dividend or a loan to the shareholders or owners.
- You have the appropriate authority to commit your business or organisation to this loan.
- You are 18 years or over and have the legal right to apply for this loan.
- You are aware we are not providing financial or other advice regarding this loan.
- You agree to the terms and conditions.
Apply in myIR
Go to the 'I want to' section.
Select 'Apply for a Small Business loan'
Before you start your application, we’ll provide more details about the loan scheme, what you’ll need to provide to complete the loan application and what happens once the application is submitted.
After you've read this information.
Select 'Next'' and follow the instructions to complete the application.
It’s important to provide accurate information during the application process. False or misleading information, or getting any subsidy or payment you were not entitled to, may be subject to an investigation including for offences under the Crimes Act 1961 or the Tax Administration Act 1994.