Skip to main content

COVID-19 Alert Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Elect into the loss carry-back scheme

You can do this in the ‘I want to’ section of your income tax account in myIR by selecting “Opt-in to loss carry-back”.

When asked which year you want to carry the loss back to select “2020”.

Estimating provisional tax

When asked if you want to estimate your provisional tax select “yes”.

Enter your new 2020 provisional tax estimation then select “next”.

Review and submit

Review your details and submit and confirm your information is correct.