Income tax Dates
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
FEB 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
MAR 31Income tax returns are due if you have an extension of time
If your organisation is not-for-profit you can apply for the $1,000 income tax deduction.
Gather your information
- the IRD number for your not-for-profit
- a copy of the not-for-profit’s rules, constitution, trust deed or other founding documents. These can be in draft form – we’ll suggest any changes that may be needed for the exemption.
- a copy of its certificate of incorporation, if applicable
- a letter stating the types of exemption being requested
- details of how it has been or will be operating.
Send your application to us
Send your application to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
What happens next
If we need more from you, we'll let you know. For example, we may ask you to update your founding documents before we can accept your application.
If we can accept your application then you will not have to do anything else.
We'll send you a letter telling you if your application is approved.