Use this process if you're a club, society, trust or association set up to promote an amateur game or sport.
Before you start
You’ll need to provide:
- your IRD number
- a copy of the club’s rules, constitution, trust deed or other founding documents
- a copy of the club’s certificate of incorporation, if applicable.
Write us a letter
You'll need to write a letter stating the type(s) of exemption you're requesting. You'll need to include details of:
- why and how the club is set up to promote an amateur game or sport
- the activities that determine the amateur status of the club
- how the game or sport is enjoyed by members of the public without significant barriers to participation or watching
- how the funding is prioritised in the club.
Send these to us
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045