Income tax Dates
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
FEB 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
MAR 31Income tax returns are due if you have an extension of time
Use this process if you're a club, society, trust or association set up to promote an amateur game or sport.
Gather your information
You’ll need to provide:
- your IRD number
- a copy of the club’s rules, constitution, trust deed or other founding documents
- a copy of the club’s certificate of incorporation, if applicable.
Write us a letter
You'll need to write a letter stating the type(s) of exemption you're requesting. You'll need to include details of:
- why and how the club is set up to promote an amateur game or sport
- the activities that determine the amateur status of the club
- how the game or sport is enjoyed by members of the public without significant barriers to participation or watching
- how the funding is prioritised in the club.
Send these to us
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045