Skip to main content

Changes to the myIR login screen are coming You will not be able to use myIR between 1pm Saturday 8 October and 8am Monday 10 October. This is so we can update our external authentication system. From Monday 10 October the myIR login page will have a new look and feel, but the login process will not change.

Cost of Living Payment Eligible customers will have the payment automatically paid into their bank accounts by the end of the day 3 October 2022. The payments will be staggered and Credit Union customers may not receive their payment until 4 October 2022. Cost-of-Living-Payment

Use this process if you're a club, society, trust or association set up to promote an amateur game or sport.

Before you start

You’ll need to provide:

  • your IRD number
  • a copy of the club’s rules, constitution, trust deed or other founding documents
  • a copy of the club’s certificate of incorporation, if applicable.

Write us a letter

You'll need to write a letter stating the type(s) of exemption you're requesting. You'll need to include details of:

  • why and how the club is set up to promote an amateur game or sport
  • the activities that determine the amateur status of the club
  • how the game or sport is enjoyed by members of the public without significant barriers to participation or watching
  • how the funding is prioritised in the club.

Send these to us

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page