Skip to main content

COVID-19 Alert Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Guided help articles

Guided help articles are meant to help you find your way with most tax situations, but they do not replace tax laws in New Zealand. Depending on your situation, you may want to consult a tax professional.

Can I get more time to file my income tax return?

Income tax returns are usually due by 7 July each year.

As an individual, trust or company you can apply for an extension of time (EOT) to file your income tax return later than the normal due date. If granted, an extension of time (EOT) allows you to spread return filing throughout the year.

loading component...