From 1 April 2020, the reporting requirements for investment income are changing.
If you pay royalties to non-residents, you need to send us the following information at the end of the year:
- your name, IRD number and contact address
- the total amount of royalties paid
- the total amount of tax withheld.
The following information is required for each of the income recipients who received royalties:
- their name
- their contact details (email, street address or mobile phone number)
- the tax rate they have provided
- the amount and type of income paid to them
- the tax withheld from it.
If it is available, you need to provide the following information for each of the income recipients who received royalties:
- their IRD number
- their date of birth
- the tax rate they have provided.
You must provide the name of any joint owners. If held, you also need to provide the following information for any joint owners:
- IRD number
- date of birth
- contact address.
You will need to report this electronically unless you have an exemption.
The information is due by the 31st of May each year.