Skip to main content
Check out our new content, navigation and design for KiwiSaver.

  Change my KiwiSaver contribution rate

Gather your information

You will need:

  • your IRD number
  • the rate you want – 3%, 4%, 6%, 8%, or 10%
  • the date you want the change to apply from.

Give written notification to your employer

You can do this by either:

  • an email or letter
  • giving your employer a completed KiwiSaver deduction form (KS2)

What happens next

Your employer will change your KiwiSaver contribution rate.

The change will be made starting from the next pay they calculate after they receive the notification.