These instructions are for New Zealand resident companies, partnerships, superannuation schemes, Māori authorities, estates or trusts and clubs or societies who need an IRD number.
Gather your information
- a certificate of incorporation for companies
- a deed of trusts for trusts
- a certificate of incorporation for incorporated societies
- a certification of registration for limited partnerships
- a death certificate and probate or letters of administration for estates
- the personal IRD number of each shareholder, director, partner, executive office holder, trustee or executor.
What happens next
- We'll contact you if we need more information about your registration.
- We'll email or post your IRD number to you. It can take 20 working days to arrive if you choose to have it posted.
- Keep your IRD number where you can easily find it.
- Set up a myIR account for your business or organisation when you have your IRD number.
- Tell us about any changes. The easiest way to update your details is in myIR.
You can complete a paper application and send this to us.Applying for an IRD number IR596 PDF 122KB Download form