Work out if your business or organisation is offshore
Before you can apply you need to make sure you meet the definition of offshore.
Gather your information
- a certificate of registration or equivalent from the relevant authority in the country of origin
- a passport photo and proof of residential address for at least one office holder
- evidence of a fully functional bank account or customer due diligence.
What happens next
We'll contact you if we need more information about your registration.
We'll email or post your IRD number to you. It can take 20 working days to arrive if you choose to have it posted.
- Keep your IRD number where you can easily find it.
- Set up a myIR account for your business or organisation when you have your IRD number.
- Tell us about any changes. The easiest way to update your details is in myIR.
You can complete a paper application and send this to us.
If you are not in New Zealand, and you understand that Inland Revenue cannot guarantee emails will not be intercepted or read by the wrong person, email your application to:
If you're in New Zealand, post your application to:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre 5045