Paying by cheque
From 1 March 2020, Inland Revenue will no longer accept payment by cheque, or cheques dated after 1 March 2020.
Making payments through post
If you have a statement from us, send us the preprinted payment slip at the bottom of the statement with your payment. Payments must be received by us on or before the due date. You'll need to make your payment by cheque - do not send cash.
Send your payments to us at:
PO Box 39050
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
Send your payments correctly
So your payments go smoothly, make sure you do the following:
- Make your cheque payable to Inland Revenue.
- Cross your cheque "Not transferable".
- Fill in the amount due if the payment slip doesn't have it preprinted.
- Print the words and figures clearly using a blue or black pen.
- Show the cents as "00" if the amount due is a round dollar figure.
- Use any envelope we provide.