Make a payment
Get it done online Mahia ā-rorohiko

myIR Secure Online Services information

Find out what you can do in myIR

'My business' customers

'My business' is a section in myIR where you can manage your goods and services tax (GST), fringe benefit tax (FBT), gaming machine duty (GMD) and portfolio investment entities (PIE). You can:

  • Pay your tax when you file your return. There's no need to log out of myIR to make the payment.
  • Make payments by direct debit, and Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
  • Set up email and text message reminders when your returns and payment are due or late to avoid penalties.
  • Propose instalment arrangements. In most cases you'll receive immediate confirmation and approval.
  • Amend returns you've already filed, making it easier and quicker to do.
  • Get your return calculations done for you.
  • Receive immediate confirmation once your returns are filed.
  • Register for new business accounts.
  • Grant another party access to your accounts so they can to file returns and perform other tasks on your behalf.
  • Save time by having all your electronic returns in one easy-to-access place.
  • Send attachments using secure mail.
  • Use ir-File to file your Employer monthly schedule (IR348) and make payments online.

Back to top

Child support customers

If you're a child support customer you can:

  • Update change of circumstances.
  • Check when you'll pay or receive your child support.
  • Check assessment details including current and previous year assessments.
  • Check any overdue amounts, due dates and monthly balances.

Back to top

Common Reporting Standard and Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act customers

If you're a New Zealand tax resident with overseas interests you can:

  • Register and report for the Common Reporting Standard.
  • Register and report for Foreign Account Taxation Compliance Act (FATCA).

Back to top

Individual income tax customers

If you have income tax obligations you can

  • Find out if you need to file an IR3 or get a personal tax summary.
  • Get your income details when you need to, eg, for Work and Income, Housing New Zealand, StudyLink or for loan applications.

Tax refunds

From mid-May you can work out if you're due a refund and request your personal tax summary. You'll be able to confirm your personal tax summary from mid-June and get your refund in July.


You can file your IR3 income tax returns in myIR. Your IR3 return is automatically pre-populated with your employment information if this applies to you. Once you've added your other income the tax is worked out automatically.

Back to top

Student loan customers

If you're a New Zealand-based borrower you can:

  • Get an up-to-date loan balance, check your loan repayments and other transactions.
  • Apply for a repayment deduction exemption, special deduction rate or repayment holiday (if you're going overseas).
  • File an Adjust your income (IR215) form to let us know of any adjustments so you can work out your repayment obligation.

If you're an overseas-based borrower you can:

  • Get an up-to-date loan balance, check your loan repayments and other transactions and your annual repayment obligations.
  • Apply for a repayment holiday if you're been away less than six months.

Back to top

Working for Families Tax Credit customers

If you're a Working for Families Tax Credits customer you can:

  • Add or modify your children's details (start/stop dates, IRD numbers, shared care).
  • Add or modify spouse or partner details.
  • Update income estimates (income amounts and sources).
  • Update your hours of work and income details.
  • Change your payment frequency.
  • File the Adjust your income (IR215) form to let us know of any adjustments so we can make sure your entitlements are worked out correctly.

Back to top

Tax agents

If you manage clients accounts you can:

  • Link and delink clients.
  • Transfer credits and payments.
  • File GST, FBT, GMD and PIE returns (periodic and annual).
  • Register and report for the CRS and FATCA.
  • Check balances, transactions and client earnings information.
  • File yours or your client's employer returns.

If you manage your agency's accounts you can:

  • File agency employer returns and income tax returns.
  • Send and receive secure mail.
  • Modify staff access to the services available.
  • Change contact details, reset passwords and run user access reports.