Skip to main content

COVID-19 Alert Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Check the entity is on the register

They must be on the Community Housing Regulatory Authority Register before you apply for the exemption.

Gather your information

You will need:

  • your entity's IRD number
  • a copy of the trust deed or company's constitution
  • confirmation that no more than 15% of beneficiaries or clients exceed the income and asset threshold.

If the entity does not have beneficiaries or clients you will need to confirm you understand.

If 15% of them exceed the thresholds your income tax exemption and donee status will cease.

If the entity does not have an IRD number you will need to apply for one.

Send us your application

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045