Skip to main content

COVID-19 Alert Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Guided help articles

Guided help articles are meant to help you find your way with most tax situations, but they do not replace tax laws in New Zealand. Depending on your situation, you may want to consult a tax professional.

What are my tax responsibilities as an entertainer?

As a contractor or employed entertainer, you need to determine who is responsible to deduct tax from your payments. You are an entertainer for tax purposes if you perform in public or in front of a camera.

Payments you receive for your entertainment activity will, in most cases, be taxable.

You could consider appointing a tax agent, as they can help you work out your taxes and complete your tax returns. The fee you pay to them is tax deductible.

loading component...