Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 4 Inland Revenue will continue to provide services throughout the COVID-19 response, including paying Working for Families. Please use our online services as phone contact is severely limited. Find out more >

Contact us

Contact us if you are having trouble paying your tax debt.

You can send us a secure email in myIR or call us.

It's important you tell us early so we can work out ways to help you before the situation gets worse.

We'll ask you for more information so we can understand and assess your situation. We'll then let you know your options.

Information we may ask for

We may ask you to send us a Disclosure of financial position - IR590 form.

If you’re a business customer we may also ask you to send us a Twelve month cash flow forecast - IR591.

Your payment options

We’ll talk to you about your options. These could be:

  • You set up an instalment arrangement to repay an agreed amount over time.
  • We write off an agreed amount if we decide that full payment will cause you serious hardship.

Email us

Send us a secure email in myIR
Log in to myIR