Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It is taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, and to process some COVID-19 Support Payment applications. This is because of the impact of COVID-19. If possible, please contact us through your myIR account. Log in to myIR

Budget 2022: The Government has announced Budget 2022, which includes changes to child support payments. Find out more on our Tax Policy website

Budget 2022: The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

In myIR, go to your student loan account panel

This is on the myIR homepage once you've logged in.

Check your details are correct

If you need to make changes, go to the next step.

Go to 'Account summary' then 'More...'

Select the change you want to make then follow the prompts.

You can also send us a message with details of what you want to change. You'll find this under 'Communicating with IR'.

Log in to myIR

You can also update your student loan details by phoning us.

  • Calling from New Zealand: 0800 600 012
  • Calling from Australia: 1800 559 653
  • Calling from the UK: 0808 234 0098
  • Calling from the rest of the world: +64 4 916 7114
Last updated: 14 Oct 2020
Jump back to the top of the page