Log in to myIR
Apply in myIR
An exemption application can be done in myIR. To do this:
- Individuals need to use the tailored tax application
- Non-individuals need to attach a paper application (Request for PAYE exemption on schedular payments - IR332) to a myIR web message.
We process your application
We'll aim to process your application within 10 working days.
We'll post your exemption to you in 5-10 working days.
If you have myIR you'll see a copy of your exemption there. This lets you know we approved your application.
Show your exemption to your payer
You need to show your exemption to your payer so they know not to deduct any tax from your payments.
As you have an exemption you do not need to give your payer a Tax rate notification for contractors IR330C form.
Renew your exemption every year
What happens next
- We'll aim to process your application within 10 working days.
- We'll post your certificate to you in 5-10 working days.
- If you have myIR you'll see a copy of your certificate in there. The copy lets you know we approved your application.
You can also download a form and send it to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045