Skip to main content

Security From 30 October, we are increasing the security of our websites. If you have an old browser, you may need to update it.

Te tono i tētahi aweretanga turuki tamariki hei parurenga o tētahi koeretanga Apply for a child support exemption as a victim of a sex offence


If you are a liable parent, you may apply for an exemption from paying child support if you believe the child was conceived as a result of a sex offence.

Gather your information

You will need your IRD number.

Send the form to us

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

What happens next

We'll review your application and if we need any further information we will contact you. We will let you know the result by letter.