Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

If you're under 16 or have turned 16 within the last three months you can apply for an exemption to stop or reduce your child support payments. You must do this within 3 months of turning 16.

Gather your information

You will need your IRD number.

Fill in the form and send it to us

What happens next

We will let you know of the result by mail.

If we accept your application you will get a new notice of assessment. If we decline your application we will send you a letter telling you why.


My responsibilities

If your circumstances change let us know so you can start paying the right amount and avoid penalties.