Skip to main content

Te tono i tētahi aromatawai tātai - kaitiaki ehara i te matua Apply for a formula assessment - non-parent carer


Use this form if you want to apply for child support against the parents of a child or if you receive an Unsupported Child's Benefit for a child. You must apply against both parents.

Gather your information

You will need all of these:

  • IRD numbers for you and your children
  • your bank account details
  • your child's birth certificate
  • proof of parentage
  • information about the other parent or carers.

Use the form or call us

To have child support based on a formula assessment you need to apply to us.

Download the form, fill it in and print it out. You will need a printer.

Sign the form and send it to us

Check you have included your correct information and any documents we need.

What happens next

My responsibilities