Use this form if you want to apply for child support against the parents of a child or if you receive an Unsupported Child's Benefit for a child. You must apply against both parents.
Gather your information
You will need all of these:
- IRD numbers for you and your children
- your bank account details
- your child's birth certificate
- proof of parentage
- information about the other parent or carers.
Use the form or call us
To have child support based on a formula assessment you need to apply to us.
Download the form, fill it in and print it out. You will need a printer.
Sign the form and send it to us
What happens next
We'll assess your application within 2 weeks and send you and the paying parents a notice. The notice will tell you how much you will get.
Paying parents have 30 days to make their first payment. You'll get paid by the 7th of each month.
From now on you must always:
- tell us about any changes to your income or care arrangements as soon as you can
- keep up payments if you are the paying parent
- deal with debt as soon as possible
- let us know if this agreement is not working.