Gather your information
- IRD numbers for you and your children
- your bank account and income details
- proof of date of birth for each child
- proof of parentage
- information about the other parent or carers.
Download and fill out the form
For parents, fill out the Application to assess child support - IR101 form with as much detail as you can.
For non-parent carers, use the Application to assess child support by a non-parent carer - IR954 form. If you only want to collect from 1 parent and you do not get the Unsupported Child's Benefit, then you can waive, cancel, payment from the other parent.
Send the form to us in myIR
Once you've saved your details, send your completed form to us in myIR.
Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR101 or IR954 form and any supporting documents to the message.
You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.
What happens next
From now on, you'll always need to:
- tell us about any changes to your income or care arrangements as soon as you can
- keep up payments if you are the liable parent
- deal with debt as soon as possible
- let us know if the child leaves care, starts working full time or, if 18 years old, leaves school.
If we've asked you to complete a Recognised care questionnaire - IR120, you'll need to fill it out and send it to us.
Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need. Sign the form and send your documents to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045