Use this form to apply to have the paying parent's exemption from child support reviewed. Only a receiving carer who applied for a formula assessment can apply for an exemption review.
You must be able to show the paying parent's exemption from child support did not consider either:
- earning capacity
- financial resources.
Gather your information
You'll need to state the:
- years you want reviewed
- financial information you have about the paying parent.
For both parties, you'll need:
- IRD numbers
- postal addresses
- contact details.
With the future hearing, decide whether you want to:
- bring a support person
- have a representative in your place.
Download the form and save it
You can complete this form online before printing.
Sign the form and send it to us
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
What happens next
Once we've accepted your application, we'll:
- contact the paying parent to see if they want a hearing
- give them a copy of these details if they want them
- organise a hearing with you.
A hearing takes around 30 minutes and is:
- informal compared to court hearings
- held separately with each party
- for clarifying information.
A decision is not made at the hearings, but afterwards. The review is about the assessed amount. We will not be negotiating payment of arrears or penalties.
The information you give must be relevant to the review. You should only provide information you're comfortable with giving to the other party or parties.