This application is for offshore non-incorporated bodies that are not a trust, partnership, joint venture, or look-through company.
Determine if your business or organisation is offshore
Before you can apply you need to make sure you meet the definition of offshore.
Gather your information
- a certificate of registration or equivalent from the relevant authority in the country of origin
- a passport photo and proof of residential address for at least one office holder
- evidence of a fully functional bank account or customer due diligence.
What happens next
- We will contact you if we need more information about your registration.
- We will email or post your IRD number to you. It can take 20 working days to arrive if you choose to have it posted.
- Keep your IRD number where you can easily find it.
- Set up a myIR account for your business or organisation when you have your IRD number.
- Tell us about any changes. The easiest way to update your details is in myIR.
You can complete a paper application and send this to us.IRD number application – non-resident/offshore non-individual IR744 (PDF 148KB) Download form