You will need to have 10 or more clients to become an intermediary. If an entity is applying to be a tax agent, we will need declarations from their key office holders.
Log in to myIR
Select More beside I want to
Select Apply to become an intermediary
Choose the type of intermediary you want to become
- Tax agents can act on a client’s behalf for tax and social policy activities.
- Bookkeepers typically represent clients for GST and PAYE.
- Payroll bureau act for clients PAYE and associated tax activities.
- Other representatives can act on a clients’ behalf for tax and social policy activities.
- PAYE intermediaries take care of employer’s obligations, including paying employees and meeting record-filing requirements.
Fill out the details for your application
You will need:
- your details as a representative
- your professional details
- a statutory declaration
- the names and IRD numbers of your clients.