Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 2 If you have been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Use this form if you're getting child support or domestic maintenance and you want us to stop collecting payments from the paying parent.

Only the person getting the child support payments can complete this form.

Gather your information

You'll need your:

  • IRD number
  • current address
  • contact details
  • the paying parent's name.

You'll also need to decide if you want to collect a portion of the payments.

Download the form and save it

Sign the form and send it to us

Child support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045


What happens next

We'll stop collecting payments on the date you give in the form.

My responsibilities

You'll need to complete the following forms if you do not want us to collect any future child support or domestic maintenance payments.

Cancel your child support

Cancel your domestic maintenance

If you're getting a Work and Income benefit that includes a sole parent rate, you cannot ask us to stop collecting child support. You can ask us to stop collecting payments of domestic maintenance or court-ordered lump sums of child support.

Once you have asked us not to collect payments for the dates you provide, you cannot later ask us to collect them. If you're still owed payments outside of those dates, you can collect them by applying through the District Court.

Ministry of Justice - Child support