Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 2 If you have been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Use this form if you want to stop getting child support under a formula assessment, voluntary agreement or court order. Only the receiving carer may cancel a voluntary agreement or court order. 

If cancelling a formula assessment, all receiving carers and parents recognised in the daily care must agree to cancel it.

Recognised care


Gather your information

You'll need:

  • your current address
  • your contact details
  • the name of the liable parent
  • to list which child or children this applies to
  • the date you want child support to stop.

You'll also need to decide if you want to collect a portion of the payments.

Download the form and save it

You can complete this form online before printing.

Sign the form and send it to us

Child support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

What happens next

We'll cancel your child support on the date you give us in the form.

My responsibilities

If there is more than 1 receiving carer in either a formula assessment, voluntary agreement or court order, they must:

  • sign the form you're filling in, IR107
  • complete and sign the following form, IR129.

Authorise us to stop collecting child support or domestic maintenance


If you're getting a Work and Income benefit that includes a sole parent rate, you cannot cancel a formula assessment for child support.

Once you have cancelled child support payments, you cannot later ask us to collect them. If you're still owed payments outside of those dates, you can collect them by applying through the District Court.

Ministry of Justice - Child support