Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Complete this form if you had a taxable property sale during the year and you're showing the income from the sale in the ‘Other income’ box of your income tax return. 

When you file an individual income tax return (IR3) in myIR, you complete this form as part of your return.

You need to complete this even if you include the income in your Financial statements summary – IR10.

Gather your information

You’ll need:

  • the property title number (this is on your land title)
  • dates of purchase and sale
  • the sale price.

Complete your property sale information return in myIR

You complete the form as part of your IR3 income tax return, which you'll find in your income tax account in myIR.

Select the 'other income' option within the return and fill in the details of your property sale.

You can post us a paper form instead.

Print and attach your completed property sale information form to your income tax return. 

Send it to:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

If you sold more than 5 taxable properties in the year, you can choose to send a list including all of the information requested in this form, rather than completing separate IR833 forms for each one.