Gather your information
You will need:
- your IRD number
- details about the untaxed and taxed income you received in the tax year
- details about any expenses you want to claim.
Complete the form
You can complete your return online.
Send us the form
You need to file your IR3NR by 7 July unless you have a tax agent or an extension of time. Contact us if you need more time, otherwise we may charge you a late filing penalty.
Send your form to:
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
What happens next
- After you submit your return we will let you know any refund you are due or tax to pay.
- You can fix any mistakes you make in your return after you've submitted it.
- You can use our disputes process if you disagree with our assessment.
You can download the IR3NR form.
Contact us if you need an IR3NR tax pack. If we sent you a tax pack but you don’t believe you need to file an IR3NR tax return, contact us so we can update our records.Non-resident individual tax return IR3NR PDF 186KB Download form Non-resident income tax return guide IR3NRG PDF 182KB Download form