For each employee in each pay period you need to work out:
- the amount of ESCT to deduct
- your net employer contribution.
The easiest way is to use our PAYE/KiwiSaver deductions calculator.
ESCT is calculated on each whole dollar of your employer contribution.
Gather your information
For each employee you need:
- the employee’s salary or wage for the pay period
- the employee’s tax code
- the employee’s KiwiSaver or complying fund contribution percentage
- your contribution percentage
- the ESCT rate.
Use the PAYE/KiwiSaver calculator
Include ESCT in your payday filing
You need to show each employee’s ESCT in your payday filing. Include the ESCT with your regular payment to Inland Revenue.