Gather your information
You will need your income details.
Log in to myIR
Go to your return and follow the prompts
- Select your income types.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete any additional forms that apply to your situation.
Complete your return
You can also complete your IR4 using our online form, or on paper.
If you used our online form or a paper form you may need to file some additional returns.
You must file a Tax sparing disclosure return IR486 if your company has claimed a foreign tax credit for a tax sparing arrangement under a double tax agreement.
Group investment funds
You must file a Group investment fund return IR44E if:
- your fund is not a designated group investment fund as defined in section HR 3(6) of the Income Tax Act 2007
- your company's fund’s income is only Category A, or a combination of Category A and Category B income.
Trans-Tasman imputation and imputation groups
You must file an Annual imputation return IR4J if:
- your company is an Australian company that makes a trans-Tasman imputation election
- you are the representative of an imputation group.
If you need to file returns for past years you can download the forms below.