Skip to main content

Offices closed All Inland Revenue offices are currently closed to the public to help contain the spread of COVID-19.

COVID-19 - Level 2/3 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Pay through automatic deductions

If you're a paying parent and are not in child support debt, you can choose to have your employer deduct payments from your salary or wages. Talk to us to work out your payments. We'll let your employer know how much to deduct and when.

If you receive a benefit from Work and Income, your child support payments will be automatically deducted before your benefit is paid to you.

Pay online 

Make a payment from New Zealand 

Make a payment from overseas

What happens next

We process online payments faster. You will be able to see the details of your payment in myIR.

My responsibilities

As a child support customer you must always:

  • tell us about changes
  • check your information
  • tell us if something is wrong.

My child support responsibilities