Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 4 Inland Revenue will continue to provide services throughout the COVID-19 response, including paying Working for Families. Please use our online services as phone contact is severely limited. Find out more >

1. Gather your information

You will need all of these:

  • IRD numbers for you and your children
  • your bank account details
  • your child's birth certificate
  • proof of parentage
  • information about the other parent or parents.

2. Fill out the form and send it to us

The address is on the form. 

Registration of voluntary agreement for child support IR102 PDF 134KB Download form

What happens next

You do not need to call us.

We will make an assessment within 2 weeks of getting your application.

After that the paying parent and the recipient will get a notice. The notice will tell you how much you will need to pay or how much you will get.

  • If you are the paying parent you have 30 days to make your first payment.
  • If you are the recipient you will get paid by the 7th day of each month.

My responsibilities

From now on you must always:

  • tell us about any changes to care arrangements as soon as you can
  • keep up payments if you are the paying parent
  • deal with debt as soon as possible
  • let us know if this agreement is not working.